Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Challenge - 3 months down!

Hey all! I know I've been neglecting the blog lately and I'm sorry. It's a combination of having a ton going on in my life and being lazy. I will do better, I promise!

I seeing as how it's the end of September/beginning of October, and about 3 months since I started my No New Duds challenge, I thought I would check in with you and let you know how it's going. And ... it's going well! I did slip and buy a bra, but I was desperate, and I have worn it a ton so it was money well spent. Other than that the only other clothing items I've purchased was a dress and shrug to wear to a very, very fancy wedding reception. My cousin got married over the summer and my family was invited to join her on the west coast at a super fancy party with her co-workers. So, the purchase falls under the "being asked to stand at a wedding" category of exceptions.

But other than that, I haven't spent one dime on clothes or shoes. It feels good not to do it. And I've finally gotten to the point that I can go out shopping and not have the urge to buy stuff. It's nice to stop, almost like I've broken an addiction I didn't know I had. Although, I still run out of money at the end of the month so clearly, not buying clothes isn't really doing much for my budget. But I'm working on that.

I did get some hand-me-overs from my BFF Abby and she got some from me too! I love clothes swapping, especially with someone I know. I already called her this weekend and asked if I could borrow one of the sweaters I gave her for a family get together next month. It's the only time I'll wear it, but Abby wears sweaters all the time so it works out just perfectly.

I also stumbled upon a blog that is completely devoted to not shopping. It's called Holly's Stopping Shopping. She's not shopping for a year also, but it sounds like she really has more of a problem spending than I ever had. But it's another resource, and a good read, for those out there who are challenging themselves too!

No comments: