Saturday, October 4, 2008

Living Off the Grid:

In the last few weeks, with the economy collapsing and all, the thought has occurred to me that if you were ever interested in becoming self sufficient, now would probably be the best time to try it out.

I mean, if the economy collapses what are you going to do when the grocery store runs out of bread or beef? Would you be able to take care of yourself and your family? Personally, I think I want to start a commune-like community. Totally self sufficient - and completely unrealistic at this point in my life. But it's fun to imagine. And so I thought I would take a little time and write some articles about being self sufficient and, hopefully, Earth friendly. That way if everything really does goes down the potty and we're sent back into the dark ages, you'll at least be able to do something for yourself. But you might want to write this stuff down because I don't know if there will be any internet left when we hit the dark ages 2.0. Stay tuned!

No comments: