Thursday, June 12, 2008

Green Online Shopping

Well I have begun scouring the Internet to find some shampoos that won't destroy the earth and I ended up finding a website called Green Feet that has deemed itself "the planet's homestore". They have almost anything you could ever want, including low flow shower heads. That means that I might not have to start taking baths. YAY!

For those of you who want to get your hands on some Earth friendly canvas tote bags, I found a site called EcoBags that sells every kind of tote you could ever desire. I've also been keeping my eye on Craigslist hoping that I might be able to score something in the free section (which is something you might want to check out if you need something. My free section had everything in it - old TVs, tree saplings, and furniture), but so far I've had no luck.

As for the indoor/patio composting, I've discovered that it's quite easy and it doesn't have to smell bad at all! Plus, there are usually worms involved which means that you get a ton of news pets out of the deal. How much fun is that? I read a few articles about it that you can read here, here and here.

I also have signed up for a newsletter that sends me little tips once a day (or maybe once a week, I can't remember at the moment) about simple ways to go green in your daily life. It's called Ideal Bite and are a community of "light greenies" who are working towards being a little more Eco-friendly. If you don't want to deal with another email coming into your inbox, I will be sharing the tips on my posts when they send me some.

So there you go. The first little baby steps towards becoming neon.


1 comment:

Lovely Abby said...

So much for me being the overachiever. You are really getting into this green thing aren't you?

I have to say that I'm impressed. I really didn't think that you would stick to this for longer than a week. I'm looking forward to whatever else you report on!

Maybe some garden tips? You know I want to start a little flower garden ...