Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Closer Look at the 3 R's

You've had it beaten into your head since you were a kid. The three R's: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. And while it's wonderful that you know your three R's by heart, do you really understand what they mean? Do you know where you can access the information you might need in order to actually apply the three R's to your life?

Yes, I had them beaten into my head as a child too. But I realized the other day that although I knew what I was supposed to be doing, I didn't really know how to go about it. So I've decided that I will travel out into the world of the internet and bring back for you all the relevant information you might need in order to reduce, reuse, and recycle.

My first article will focus on the most publicized of the three R's: Recycling. Sure, you put the green bin out by the trash every week but is there more that you could be doing? There sure is. Did you know that you can recycle just about everything? You can even recycle oil and batteries is you know where to take the stuff.

Stay tuned to learn about how you can take your recycling beyond your regular paper, glass, and plastic.

No comments: